What is it?
Aarsleff Ground Engineering has formed its first company-wide Worksafe Committee. The group, comprising members from each department and operation, will meet quarterly to discuss a variety of subjects that affect our daily lives at work in regard to the Safety, Health & Wellbeing of us and the company as a whole. Simon Jackson, STEQ Advisor said:
“Health and Safety needs to be considered across every department, and not contained entirely within the STEQ team (Safety, Training, Environment and Quality). The committee will also provide everyone in the company with a platform to have their voice heard.”
At each meeting, the following criteria will be discussed:
- Review of injuries, accidents and incident trends;
- Identify hazards in the workplace;
- Raising complaints/concerns from co-workers;
- Bringing in worker expertise;
- Specific safety programmes;
- Promoting different safety topics;
- Carry out area inspection and hold inspection reviews;
- Create annual safety reports
Why do we need a Worksafe committee?
Protection of human life is of the highest importance to Aarsleff Ground Engineering. The safety of our employees, business partners and users of the facilities erected by Aarsleff Ground Engineering is its highest priority. It is also one of our core values, and it is important that we are continually striving to improve our health and safety performance across the entire business.
What do we want to accomplish?
- Saved Lifes
- Behavioural Safety
- Changing the view of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Improving communication
- Generating fresh new ideas
- Improving Health and Saftey awareness across each and every department