Aarsleff has the specialist plant and labour to carry out all types of drilling and grouting works from the filling of redundant coal mines to chemical injection using tube a manchette. Drilling and grouting can be used for soil stabilisation, waterproofing, soil mixing to increase the strength of soil and many other applications.
Ground Improvement methods such as Deep Compaction and Grouting are used to improve the existing soil formation by changing the soil properties. They can increase the bearing capacity or provide settlement control for new construction, or to remedy an existing issue. Ground Improvement does not create structural elements to ‘bridge’ unsuitable soil layers but rather improves the ground itself to allow for shallow foundations. Grouting can be used for soil stabilisation, waterproofing and soil mixing to increase the strength of soil and many other applications.
Aarsleff understands that every site presents its own unique challenges, so you need a bespoke approach to find the best solution. We don’t just deliver: we work with you from the outset, designing schemes that meet all regulatory requirements providing you with a value engineered solution. Working with our in-house geotechnical experts, the drilling and grouting team offer the following services:
- Comprehensive rotary drilling site investigation services.
- Stabilisation of shallow mine workings.
- Stabilisation of mine entries.
- Drilling services for standard and restricted access projects
Bulk infilling and grouting services for:
- Sewer systems
- Sub surface voids
- Soil Nailing/Soil Nails
- Ground anchoring
- Geotechnical drilling
- Compaction grouting to stabilise granular and fine-grained soils
- Borehole drilling for ground-source heat pumps.
- Well established method
- Maintenance free
- Grouting can prevent the collapse of granular soils, settlement under adjacent foundations, groundwater movement, utilities damage and tunnel run-ins
- Increases soil strength and rigidity
- Reduced ground movement
- Groundwater control
- Predictable degree of movement
- Jet Grouting is the safest method of underpinning construction
- Can be performed in limited working space
- Designable strength and permeability