Definition of sheet piles
Sheet piles are sections of sheet steel with interlocking edges that are driven into the ground to provide permanent or temporary earth retention and excavation support.
Aarsleff Ground Engineering have specialised in sheet piling for over 25 years, installing all types of temporary and permanent sheet piled retaining structures. Aarsleff can provide sheet piles for a variety of retaining wall solutions, including Propped Walls, Cantilever, Anchored Walls, Conventional and Marine Sheet Piling, Permanent Retaining Walls, Temporary Sheet Piling and King Sheet Piled Walls. Sheet piles can also be used for basements and cofferdams to provide dry working environments for construction to take place.
Aarsleff has a wealth of experience in the design and installation of sheet piles, working closely with clients, developers and principal contractors to provide a value engineered solution no matter the scale or complexity of the project.
If you are interested in our Sheet Piling solutions and would like to know more, please call our friendly team on 01636 611140 or email us at email@example.com.
10 Advantages to Sheet Piles:
- Sheet piles are recyclable and reusable.
- Piles can come in a wide range of lengths, size, and steel options.
- They can be used for temporary and permanent structures.
- They can be installed using silent and vibration-free methods.
- The work is neat, clean, and creates no spoil arisings. The supervision of work on-site can be reduced, and minimal storage space is required.
- Sheet piling is a more cost effective and quicker installation than contiguous or secant walls.
- Cofferdams can be constructed in almost any desired shape, however, for practical and economy reasons, most cofferdams are either rectangular or circular.
- Sheet piles can provide a close-fitting joint to form an effective water seal.
- They have a long life above and below water, making them advantageous for marine and coastal projects.
- Anchored sheet piled walls can provide even more flexibility for installation purposes.