Piling contractor Aarsleff Ground Engineering offer steel bearing piles to its clients. These recycled oil & gas drilling cases are high grade thick wall steel tubes for sites with minor obstructions and/or sites with vibration issues for surrounding structures. Ranging from 140-339mm, Driven Steel piles are manufactured of a high grade of steel that lends itself very well to being driven into the ground for bearing piles. The piles are robust and can withstand high driving stresses which assists with overcoming very dense bands or obstructions.
Steel bearing piles are most commonly employed in civil engineering structures such as for road bridges and marine structures where their high axial, lateral and tensile load capacities are required. Steel bearing piles of tubular or H-sections are most commonly used. As with all of Aarsleff Ground Engineering’s driven piling solutions, steel bearing piles provide a proven and tested pile, eliminating guesswork to produce a cost effective product that can accommodate a wide variety of subsurface conditions.
For more information about Aarsleff Ground Engineering or to send in your enquiry, call 01636 611140 and speak to a member of our expert team today, or drop us an email
The main advantages of using steel bearing piles are:
- They can be mixed and matched with our precast concrete piles for a commercially beneficial solution
- Suitable for uncertain ground conditions
- They can be driven deeper than precast piles to depths of 50 meters or more
- They are easy to adapt for unforeseen soil conditions, along with being able to be driven through small obstructions and hard ground conditions
- They can be driven using minimal vibration driving methods.
- Fast construction allows for immediate follow on work to begin meaning no delays to site activities
- No spoil arisings from installation, particularly important on ‘brown field’ or contaminated sites.
- No over design as the individual pile sizes are dictated by the load capacity required and not by the machinery employed