Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd are a leading Civil Engineering Contractor continuing growth and are seeking a talented Technical Appraisal Co-Ordinator / Estimator to manage and undertake the technical review and appraisal of enquiries received by the business. The review shall identify the various techniques we offer and ensure our estimating departments are provided with a well detailed package of information to produce Proposals from. The role offers development into becoming an estimator for the right candidate. This position will be based out of our Head Office at Newark in Nottinghamshire. The Company also operates a wholly owned subsidiary Centrum Pile Ltd.
The post holder will be part of a small but busy team providing technical enquiry reviews and co-ordination to our departments Pre-Construction Teams.
Monday to Friday 08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Salary negotiable – dependant on experience and qualifications.
Company benefits include pension, healthcare and life insurance scheme.
Full details will be discussed at an interview however the main functions of the role will be to identify from enquiry information the relevant elements for which Aarsleff would be pricing for. To provide accurate take off details and co-ordinate the smooth running of the enquiry process between departments. For the right applicant there will be a development path to include training provided towards estimating and producing Proposals for the business.
- Driven, CFA/SFA, bored and micro piling
- Embedded retaining walls including sheet piles, augered/bored, king posts and combi-walls
- Ground anchors
- Soil nail reinforced slopes
- Drilling and grouting
Qualifications and Experience
We see the candidate as coming from a background in construction and/or civil engineering. The successful candidate must be self-motivated and confident when working in a team to deliver multi-disciplined ground engineering projects. Sound engineering judgement, innovative ideas and an eye for detail are essential to Aarsleff Ground Engineering. The successful candidate will have and be expected to demonstrate the following:
- General Construction or Civil Engineering experience via sites or academic study in civil engineering, geotechnical engineering or soil mechanics.
- Ability to identify piling and ground engineering details from drawings and Bills of Quantities
- Good and confident communicator with all audiences within the construction industry including but not limited to internal and client meetings, commercial and operations delivery teams, report writing, emails, presentations etc.
- Proficient user of Excel, Word, Outlook
- Full UK driving license and car
We envisage the offer will be made to the candidate with the right balance of experience, talent and potential; with an appropriate job title, salary package to suit and an attractive opportunity for career development.
Written applications & CV only via email to: Matt Rastall, Group Estimating Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to Matt Rastall, Group Estimating Manager – Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd, Hawton Lane, Balderton. Newark. NG24 3BU