We are hiring! Senior Quantity Surveyor
Aarsleff Ground Engineering is seeking a talented Quantity Surveyor to join their commercial team.
The role could be suitable for those at Senior level QS preparing for next stage of progression to Managing Quantity Surveyor, or those already with experience in a Managing Quantity Surveyor role. You will be part of a busy Commercial department in one of the UK’s largest ground engineering companies, working in a dynamic and progressive environment. The role will be challenging, demanding, varied and a fantastic opportunity to work with a committed team and vastly experienced Commercial Director.
This position will generally be based out of our Head Office at Newark in Nottinghamshire. However, this role will also require that the successful candidate will travel across the UK to meet our clients during contractual negotiations.
Monday to Friday 08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Salary: dependant on experience and qualifications.
Company benefits include pension, healthcare and life insurance scheme, this role also benefits from a fully expensed company car or car allowance.
- Support to and reporting to the Commercial Director
- Assist with the day to day management of the Commercial operations including mentoring of other team colleagues
- Assist the Commercial Director in the development of the department, guidance & mentoring of other colleagues across the business units, including expanding expertise in line with growth strategy, developing improved systems to maximise performance.
- Work closely with the Management structure providing guidance and support on all commercial matters.
- Review and negotiate sub-contract orders incorporating appropriate amendments to reduce risk and improve the company commercial position. Ensure that agreements are in place prior to on-site project starts.
- Negotiate Framework Agreements with clients and suppliers where and advised and requested by business units.
- Ensure Contract files are compiled when orders are awarded both in electronic and hardcopy format. Engrossed copies are received, seals register managed for these, Warranties, Bonds, PCG and similar.
- Work closely with Operations departments to place any Sub-Contracts Orders.
- Assist and mentor colleagues in Operations departments in the execution of their administrative duties, providing problem solving and solutions to any performance issues.
- Assist Operations colleagues in the submission of accurate valuations, on time, ensure further measure, records and other documents are used when evaluating applications for payment.
- Liaise with Accounts department cash received and maintenance of Contracts & Disputes database, register. Also, assistance to Credit Controller / Operations with the recovery of outstanding monies. Closeout aged debts contracts / old disputes /claims.
- Work with Operations colleagues and customers to resolve disputes.
- Work with Operations colleagues identifying variations/claims and ensuring contractual notices are complied with.
- Credit checks agreeing on terms with clients.
- Work with Senior Management team in respect of any legal matters
Qualifications and Experience
- Full clean UK Driving Licence
- Degree / Masters level Construction Quantity Surveyor or similar
- 10 + years in Sub-Contractor Quantity Surveying environment
- IT competent in Microsoft packages
The desirable person
- Organised and accurate.
- Possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Be calm, logical and flexible
- Willing to travel to other Aarsleff GE Ltd office locations and client offices the UK.,
- Great negotiator
- Professional manner.
Written applications & CV only via email to Mark Smith – Commercial Director
Or post to Mark Smith – Commercial Director – Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd, Hawton Lane, Balderton. Newark. NG24 3BU
*It is the policy of Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd to comply with all relevant legislation regarding Equal Opportunity and Diversity.