Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd are a leading Civil Engineering Contractor continuing growth and are seeking a talented Geotechnical Engineer/Senior Geotechnical Engineer to manage and undertake design work and technical project co-ordination across our disciplines. This position will generally be based out of our Head Office at Newark in Nottinghamshire, but the Company also has a base in Newcastle. The Company also operates a wholly owned subsidiary Centrum Pile Ltd.
The post holder will be part of a small but busy team providing design and technical services to our UK Group of Companies.
Monday to Friday 08:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Salary negotiable – dependant on experience and qualifications.
Company benefits include pension, healthcare and life insurance scheme.
- Driven, CFA/SFA, bored and micro piling
- Embedded retaining walls including sheet piles, augered/bored, king posts and combi-walls
- Ground anchors
- Soil nail reinforced slopes
- Working platforms
- Drilling and grouting
- Accompanying structural designs such as waling beams, propping, working platforms, capping beam
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and confident when working in a team to deliver multi-disciplined ground engineering projects. Sound engineering judgement, innovative ideas and an eye for detail are essential to Aarsleff Ground Engineering. The successful candidate will have and be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum three years’ relevant design experience
- Degree in civil engineering, geotechnical engineering or soil mechanics; ideally master’s level
- Chartership, or aspirations thereof, to the ICE
- Comprehensive understanding of current and relevant design standards, codes of practice and execution of special geotechnical works
- Good and confident communicator with all audiences within the construction industry including but not limited to internal and client meetings, site supervision, report writing, emails, presentations etc.
- Good understanding of roles and responsibilities of a design and build contractor in accordance with CDM Regulations 2015
- Proficient user of CAD preferable
- Full UK driving license and car
We envisage the offer will be made to the candidate with the right balance of experience, talent and potential; with an appropriate job title and an attractive and the salary package to suit.
Written applications & CV only via email to: Ash Rogers – Design Manager
Or post to Ash Rogers, Design Manager – Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd, Hawton Lane, Balderton. Newark. NG24 3BU