Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd are a leading Civil Engineering Contractor and are currently seeking for talented Geotechnical Design Engineer / Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer to manage and undertake design work and technical project co-ordination across our disciplines.
The post holder will be part of a small but growing team to provide design and technical services to small projects and large schemes across the UK in the commercial, industrial, residential and energy sectors.
Salary negotiable – dependant on experience and qualifications.
Company benefits include pension, healthcare and life insurance scheme.
Location – UK based but remote working also available.
Disciplines we cover
- Driven, CFA/SFA, bored and micro piling
- Embedded retaining walls including sheet piles, augered/bored, king posts and combi-walls
- Ground anchors
- Soil nail reinforced slopes
- Working platforms
- Drilling and grouting
- Specialist grouting
Accompanying structural designs such as waling beams, propping, working platforms, capping beam would be of interest.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and confident when working in a team to deliver multi-disciplined ground engineering projects. Sound engineering judgement, innovative ideas and an eye for detail are essential to Aarsleff Ground Engineering. The successful candidate will have and be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum three years’ relevant design experience
- Degree in civil engineering, geotechnical engineering or soil mechanics; ideally master’s level
- Chartership, or aspirations thereof, to the ICE
- Comprehensive understanding of current and relevant design standards, codes of practice and execution of special geotechnical works
- Good and confident communicator with all audiences within the construction industry including but not limited to internal and client meetings, site supervision, report writing, emails, presentations etc.
- Good understanding of roles and responsibilities of a design and build contractor in accordance with CDM Regulations 2015
- Proficient user of CAD preferable
- Full UK driving license and car
We envisage the offer will be made to the candidate with the right balance of experience, talent and potential; with an appropriate job title and an attractive salary package to suit.
Written applications & CV only via email to: KevinHague@aarsleff.co.uk
Or post to Kevin Hague – Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd, Hawton Lane, Balderton. Newark. NG24 3BU