We are hiring! For a General Operative to join our Specialist Retaining Wall Department!
Aarsleff Ground Engineering are a leading civil engineering contractor and are seeking a General Operative to join our Specialist Retaining Wall department where you will oversee their thriving Doncaster based facility, managing the stores and providing general support to our SRW department. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager SRW.
The post holder will generally be working in a small team in a plant stockyard environment, with duties taking place in the multiple stores’ areas, project sites and plant stockyard. This is a fast-moving, high-pressure environment that will require the suitable candidate to maintain a calm and logical demeanor together with a flexible attitude.
Basic 39 hours per week plus overtime – (usual hours each week 47 hr/wk)
- To control the issuing of and to replenish general stores items for the SRW team.
- To control the issuing of and to replenish maintenance items.
- To control Aarsleff lifting tackle compliance with LOLER checks and certification / report controlling.
- Good inwards receiving, checking, unloading, storing and confirming.
- Maintaining an adequate stock of machine parts by instruction of the Operations Manager.
- Good computer skills, and telephone manner keeping accurate and up to date records.
- Loading delivery vehicles, keeping site cabins stocked, clean and tidy. Fork lift truck (training will be given).
- Delivering small stores items around the UK for SRW utilising the SRW pick up vehicle.
- All Work conducted in line with the process, procedures and the H&S, Environmental and Quality Integrated management schemes, operated by the Company.
Full training will be given in this role.
Qualifications and Experience
- Calm, logical and flexible
- Experienced with Excel and the Microsoft Office suite
- Good telephone manner
- Working at a high level of accuracy
- Counterbalance Forklift Truck license
- Full clean drivers license
Written applications & CV only via email to: James Wilson Operations Manager
Or post to James Wilson – Operations Manager, SRW, Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd, Hawton Lane, Balderton. Newark. NG24 3BU
*It is the policy of Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd to comply with all relevant legislation regarding Equal Opportunity and Diversity.