We are building an exciting and dynamic team and are seeking motivated Geotechnical Contract Engineers to work in and out of our offices in Newark and Newcastle, and on construction sites throughout the United Kingdom providing specialist geotechnical solutions to our customers.
The ideal candidate would preferably have a minimum 2-3 years’ experience within the ground engineering industry across different piling and geotechnical disciplines, including Mini Piling, CFA Piling, Soil Nails, Ground Anchors and Drilling & Grouting.
Salary: dependant on experience and qualifications.
Company benefits include pension, healthcare and life insurance scheme, this role also benefits from a fully expensed company car or car allowance.
- To coordinate and control individual projects from contract award to satisfactory resolution of final accounts.
- Positive appreciation of financial performance of projects.
- To promote the company positively to customers
- Ensuring that all work is completed to the required technical standard
- Liaison and coordination of the contract requirements of the company’s customers
- Organise all plant, equipment, materials and necessary resources to site to meet the contract requirements
- Working with our Construction Managers to control and monitor the site personnel on your assigned projects
- Control and monitor any sub-contractors under your supervision
- Ensure that all information required for the company systems and customers is completed in writing in a timely and professional manner, including conformance and application for payment
- In collaboration with the design department ensure the design of the solutions on site is in accordance with Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd practice and to ensure installation on site is in accordance with design.
- To ensure sufficient information is provided to sub-contractors for them to carry out their duties effectively and safely.
- Attend regular project/production/resourcing meetings to provide site reports and forward planning.
- Ensure that all works and duties are carried out safely in accordance with the Company Integrated Management systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Full clean UK Driving Licence
- CSCS Card – essential
- SMSTS or equivalent
- Desired – Appointed person / lift supervisor for crane operations
The desirable person
- Organised and have a good eye for detail.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Be calm, logical and flexible
- Willing to travel to sites across the UK, often staying away from home in the evening.
- Ensure that all operations on site are carried out safely and in accordance with method statements.
- Be able to correspond with the client/clients representatives and their design team, sometimes at a very high level, in a professional manner.
Written applications & CV only via email to: KevinHague@aarsleff.co.uk
Or post to Kevin Hague – Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd, Hawton Lane, Balderton. Newark. NG24 3BU