We are hiring an Apprentice Store Operative!
Aarsleff Ground Engineering are a leading civil engineering contractor and are seeking an Apprentice Stores Operative to join their thriving Newark based facility, managing the stores for a busy workshop. Reporting directly to the Group Plant Manager.
The post holder will generally be working in a small team in a workshop environment, with duties taking place in the multiple stores’ areas and plant stockyard. This is a fast-moving, high-pressure environment which will require the suitable candidate to maintain a calm and logical demeanour together with a flexible attitude.
Hours: 39 hours per week plus overtime
Salary: As this is an apprenticeship position minimum wage in accordance with age is applicable for the period of the apprenticeship training.
- To control the issuing of and to replenish general stores items (Aarsleff).
- To control the issuing of and to replenish maintenance items.
- To control Aarsleff lifting tackle compliance with LOLER checks and certification/report controlling.
- Good inwards receiving, checking, unloading, storing and confirming.
- Maintaining an adequate stock of machine parts by liaising with the fitter supervisor.
- Good computer skills, and telephone manner essential.
- Knowledge of plant would be beneficial, but training will be given.
- All Work conducted in line with the process, procedures and the H&S and Quality management schemes, operated by the Company.
NB: Full training will be given in this role.
- Good standard of education.
- Calm, logical and flexible.
- Experienced with Excel and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Good telephone manner.
- Working at a high level of accuracy.
- Counterbalance Forklift Truck license.
Written applications & CV only via email to: Stephen Wilkinson – Group Plant Manager – Stephenwilkinson@aarsleff.co.uk
Or post to Stephen Wilkinson, Group Plant Manager, Aarsleff Ground Engineering LTd, Hawton Lane, Balderton, Newark, NG243BU
*It is the policy of Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd to comply with all relevant legislation regarding Equal Opportunity and Diversity.