How do you install soil nails?
- Develop the most effective and efficient design, including the type of nails to be used and where they should be installed.
- Set up the drill rig
- Drill until you reach final depth
- Insert Steel Rods
- Fill holes up with a pliable concrete called grout
- Once grout has hardened, apply load to end of the nail and try to pull it out.
- This will verify that you have installed the soil nail correctly and it will do what it’s supposed to do.
- Apply plate
- Once nails are installed, apply a facing
- Complete first level before continuing down with reduced level dig
- Continue the above steps until you reach the bottom of the excavation.
For more information about Aarsleff Ground Engineering or to send in your Soil Nails enquiry, call 01636 611140 and speak to a member of our expert team today, or drop us an email