Estimating Engineers – Based in Newark – Nottinghamshire.
Aarsleff Ground Engineering are looking for a dynamic Estimating Engineer to boost our estimating team’s capabilities.
To assist and produce priced estimates that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines. Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations and provide clearly identified price build-ups to the Contract team.
The desired outcome being that the Company will achieve sufficient new work to enable continued growth in accordance with the Business Plan. Our reputation for quality, professionalism, fairness as a full geotechnical solutions provider will be kept foremost in our clients’ mind.
The role will include but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Provide accurate budgets/detailed estimates
- Oversee or complete quote analysis comparisons
- Check and amend rate/price build-ups where necessary
- Preparation and collation of relevant information/ documentation for handover meeting, ensuring all teams are suitably briefed
- Discuss the client’s requirements for a pre-tender meeting with relevant departments, present and answer all questions regarding cost of works
- Participate in pre-tender meetings with clients
Degree or Higher National Certificate in Construction/Building, or equivalent.
Previous estimating experience of at least 5 years.
- Knowledge of general building works with an emphasis of driven piling, sheet piling and general geotechnical solutions.
- Management skills – basic programming, planning, compiling reports to ensure good time keeping and delivery.
- Word processing and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing – Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills; well-spoken and personable; able to get on with diverse personalities
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities
- Good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information
- Confident and resourceful
- Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team
- Driving license holder with own car
- Personal commitment to equality and diversity
For more info or to apply, please send your cover letter & CV only via email to our Estimating Manager Matthew Rastall via email email@example.com
Best of luck in your application!