Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd are a leading Civil Engineering Contractor, part of a European Group and are currently seeking Contract Engineers to work across our divisions. The Company also operates a wholly owned subsidiary Centrum Pile Ltd.
The post holders will be part of a busy contracting team and there are opportunities to work out of our offices at either Newark or Newcastle. The roles involve extensive travel throughout the United Kingdom on our customers project sites providing a full range of ground engineering solutions to our customers and clients.
Salary: dependant on experience and qualifications.
Company benefits include pension, healthcare and life insurance scheme, this role also benefits from a fully expensed company car or car allowance.
- To coordinate and control individual projects from contract award to satisfactory resolution of final accounts.
- To promote the company positively to customers
- Ensuring that all work is completed to the required technical standard
- Liaison and coordination of the contract requirements of the company’s customers
- Organise all plant, equipment, materials and necessary resources to site to meet the contract requirements
- Working with our Construction Managers to control and monitor the site personnel on your assigned projects
- Control and monitor any sub-contractors under your supervision
- Ensure that all information required for the company systems and customers is completed in writing in a timely and professional manner, including conformance and application for payment
- In collaboration with the design department ensure the design of the solutions on site is in accordance with Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd practice and to ensure installation on site is in accordance with design.
- To ensure sufficient information is provided to sub-contractors for them to carry out their duties effectively and safely.
- Attend regular project/production/resourcing meetings to provide site reports and forward planning.
- Ensure that all works and duties are carried out safely in accordance with the Company Integrated Management systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Full clean UK Driving Licence
- CSCS Card – essential
- SMSTS or equivalent
- Contract and Site management experience
- Civil Engineer / Construction Management Degree
- Desired – Appointed person / lift supervisor for crane operations
The Ideal Candidate
- Be organised and have a good eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Calm, logical, flexible
- Be willing to travel to sites across the UK often staying away from home in the evening.
- Ensure that all operations on site are carried out safely and in accordance with RAMS and agreed Works Package documentation.
- Be able to correspond with the customer/client’s representatives and their design team, sometimes at a very high level, in a professional manner.
Written applications & CV only via email to: Heather Jones, Business & HR Manager – HeatherJones@aarsleff.co.uk
Or post to Heather Jones, Business & HR Manager – Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd, Hawton Lane, Balderton. Newark. NG24 3BU