Aarsleff Ground Engineering are a leading civil engineering contractor and are seeking a Business Administration Apprentice to join their Piling Department based at their Newark Head Office, reporting directly to the Piling Operations Manager.
The post holder will provide administrative support to the Piling Department and updating of systems and records.
Minimum wage for the duration of the apprenticeship and training
40 hours per week
- Working under the direction of the Piling Director or nominee, to carry out all duties responsibly and safely in accordance with the current Integrated Management System in close co-operation with colleagues and the STEQ Manager. Be responsible for ensuring your own awareness of the Company Health & Safety and Environmental policies.
- Assist as instructed to provide administrative support to our Driven Piling delivery team.
- Assist in the maintaining of our document handling systems, using the Company Sharepoint system, Outlook and MS Office Suite, scanners, photocopiers, printers and other centralised portals for the storage of Company/Project-based information and records.
4. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- To work alongside Business Improvement Manager / Snr Technical Estimator, obtain a full and clear understanding of the information required to complete tenders from those electronic enquiries received, liaise with lead Estimator and agree priority jobs for printing enquiries out to be priced.
- To create and implement a filing system for paper-based records, keep up to date with guidance from the Piling Manager
- Process electronic filing of contract information to project files in Sharepoint in accordance with IMS
- To work with lead Estimator to keep an up to date prospects/heat list for weekly chases for estimating team.
- To attend and minute weekly operations meetings
- To attend and minute weekly work winning meeting
- Raise purchase order for Piling Operations via NAV system
- Hiring / off hire of plant & equipment for projects
- To log and monitor weekly movements of staff
- Submit Piling Department information for the labour list – weekly
Full training will be given in this role
- Good standard of education
- Calm, logical and flexible
- Experienced with Excel and the Microsoft Office suite
- Working at a high level of accuracy
- Working as part of a team
Written applications & CV only via email to: email@example.com
Or post to Mark Fuller, Piling Director, Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd, Hawton Lane, Balderton. Newark. NG24 3BU
*It is the policy of Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd to comply with all relevant legislation regarding Equal Opportunity and Diversity.