Apprentice Welding Operative
Aarsleff Ground Engineering are a leading civil engineering contractor and are seeking an Apprentice Welding Operative to join their thriving Newark based facility, working in a busy workshop. Reporting directly to the welding supervisor.
The post holder will generally be working within a small team in a workshop environment, with duties taking place in the welding facility. This is a fast-moving, high-pressure environment that will require the suitable candidate to maintain a calm and logical demeanor together with a flexible attitude.
39 hours per week plus overtime.
As this is an apprenticeship position minimum wage in accordance with age is applicable for the period of the apprenticeship training.
- To undertake general welding and manufacturing duties (Aarsleff).
- Train on the use of lathes and large pillar drills.
- Learn all forms of welding techniques, stick, mig & tig.
- Burning and grinding.
- Maintaining an adequate stock of welding parts by liaising with the welding supervisor and stores.
- Knowledge of plant & drilling equipment would be beneficial, but training will be given.
- All Work conducted in line with the process, procedures and the H&S and Quality management schemes, operated by the Company.
Full training will be given in this role.
- Good standard of education.
- Calm, logical and flexible.
- Experienced with Excel and the Microsoft Office suite.
- Working at a high level of accuracy.
- Working as part of a team.
Written applications & CV only via email to Stephen Wilkinson – Group Plant Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to Stephen Wilkinson, Group Plant Manager Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd, Hawton Lane, Balderton. Newark. NG24 3BU
*It is the policy of Aarsleff Ground Engineering Ltd to comply with all relevant legislation regarding Equal Opportunity and Diversity.