Drilling rig for a drilling contractor.
It’s Day 7 of the Aarsleff Advent, and we’d like to show you one of our newest rigs – the Comacchio MC1500. In July, we invested in a high-performance hydraulic crawler mounted drill rig, to be used in operations of large diameter borehole drilling, pre-drilling/pre-augering and simultaneous drilling and casing piling. Our Comacchio has already been deployed on King Post Wall projects across the UK. The MC1500 is designed and manufactured as a lightweight, versatile and very stable drilling platform, to offer our clients the following advantages:
- Remote control operations allow for working in safer conditions.
- Lightweight and low bearing pressure.
- Ready to drill within 30 minutes.
- Can drill up to 600mm diameter bores.
- High capacity drill mast reduces rod changes.
- The inbuilt casing oscillator and extractor assembly allow for an easy install and faster extraction of the temporary casing.
- High torque head with 3-speed rotation.
Speaking about the new rig, Kevin Hague, General Manager at Aarsleff said:
“These rigs will not only provide extra capacity to meet growing orders, but also the versatility to tackle new and challenging projects requiring drilling and king post walls. We look forward to sending out our new Comacchio rig on its first King Post Wall project in Sheffield.